Earthquake Relief for the Napa Food Bank
CanDo’s on it and collection sites are needed.
It’s not quite time for the 2014 Give!Guide, but it surely is a time for giving.
In the CanDo tradition, we’re coordinating this drive with the Napa Food Bank in order to help replenish their provisions and their coffers in the aftermath of the earthquake. We’ve done a similar drive in five previous years. Please: Help us spread the word!
It’s called 10-10-10-10 because we’re asking folks for:
- 10 items of non-perishable food;
- $10 (or more);
- To spread the word to 10 friends and neighbors;
- To do it all in 10 days.
Because we always seek to “ease the path from intent to action,” easy access to collection sites is imperative. Along with the usual grocery stores, we want ‘em in every neighborhood.
Front Porch Collection Sites: Sign-up here so folks know where to bring their donations. Beginning Sept. 5, just place a box near your front door. Put up a sign that we’ll provide along with a list of the Top Ten items to help restock Food Bank shelves. Then take a walk around the neighborhood, say hi, smell the roses. Let people know they can bring contributions right to your door. Or use Facebook or Nextdoor or Twitter – you know what to do. We’ll have volunteers come ’round to pick up the boxes when they’re full. Maybe you’ll be one of them!
Businesses/Schools/Faith-based Collection Sites: Know a business willing to host a barrel for 10 days? The Food Bank will deliver and take barrels away. Sign them up here.
Cash donations are tax-deductible. Make checks payable to the Napa Food Bank and mail to PO Box 855, Napa – 94559.
Find 10-10-10 information updates on our
Facebook pages for the 2014 Give!Guide and Napa Valley CanDo.
FFI: NVCanDo@gmail.com 707.252.7743
2014 “Fab 40″ Announced
Napa Valley CanDo is excited and honored to present this year’s “Fab 40,” a group of fabulous nonprofits serving Napa County. These small, medium and large organizations support the arts, animals, education, environment, health and wellness, seniors and youth, and community. They will be featured in the 2014 Napa Valley Give!Guide which seeks to inspire a community of givers during the months of November and December, 2014. If you’re familiar with them, you know what good work they do. If they’re new to you, CanDo’s 2014 Napa Valley Give!Guide will offer an opportunity to “meet your neighbors”.
- Active 20/30 Club
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the North Bay
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Napa Valley
- Community Action of Napa Valley (CAN-V)
- Church Women United of the Napa Valley
- Community Resources for Children (CRC)
- Connolly Ranch
- Cope Family Center
- Enchanted Hills Camp for the Blind
- Family Service of Napa Valley
- Foster Kids Fund
- Girls on the Run Napa Valley
- If Given a Chance
- Loving Animals Providing Smiles (LAPS)
- Legal Aid of Napa Valley
- Moving Forward Towards Independence
- Napa Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)
- Napa County Historical Society
- Napa County Resource Conservation District
- Napa Humane
- Napa Solano Audubon
- Napa Valley Adult Education (NVAE)
- Napa Valley Community Housing (NVCH)
- Napa Valley Education Foundation (NVEF)
- Napa Valley Hospice & Adult Day Services (NVHADS)
- Napa Valley Youth Symphony
- Napa Emergency Women’s Services (NEWS)
- Napa Valley College – Child Development Center
- Puertas Abiertas Community Resource Center
- Rianda House Senior Activity Center
- Rohlffs Manor
- Habitat for Humanity (Solano – Napa)
- Sunrise Horse Rescue
- Teacher Resource Center of the North Bay (TRCNB)
- The Pathway Home
- The Table
- Up Valley Family Centers
- Up Valley Girl Scouts
- Vine Village
- Wildlife Rescue Center Napa County (WRC)
- October 1: Incentives due for G!G distribution
- November 1: G!G catalogs delivered as pullout in Marketplace Magazine
- November 1: NapaValleyGiveGuide.org launches to accept donations
- November 6: Kickoff celebration 5:30-7:30PM, Napa Community College Performing Arts Center – Paul Ash Lobby
- December 31: Give!Guide website closes for donations (midnight)
Please contact us with any questions at CanDoGiveGuide@gmail.com or call 707.252.7743.